Friday, June 5, 2009

Dinner time!

I love cooking and baking, which I know hasn't really shined through all that much on this blog. In fact, the hubby and I cook dinner together almost every night during the week, and use new recipes pretty often. Tonight I'm excited to say we'll be having Spinach stuffed shells!! We've been wanting to make them for awhile, but for some reason were having a hard time finding jumbo shells! Is that weird?? We'll be adapting from Macaroni and Cheesecake's recipe: http://macaroniandcheesecake.blogspot.com/2009/04/spinach-stuffed-shells.html




I'm thinking I'll saute up some chicken sausage and stir it in. Honestly, no recipe ever remains intact when I use it - I'm such a rebel!! But for some reason I have a serious addiction to refusing to follow a recipe TO THE LETTER. It's turned into a great habit, because for the most part I've found it improves whatever I'm making!! Becky, this excludes your recipe, of course. I'm hoping to follow dinner up - if I have the energy - with some of these; I've been wanting to make them for FOREVER!!

They're also taken from Mac and Cheese's website: http://macaroniandcheesecake.blogspot.com/2008/10/cinnamon-sugar-donut-muffins.html. I think they'd be perfect to welcome my sister, her husband, and my adorable niece (see below) when they get in to stay for a WEEK tomorrow!! Say hello to the cutest baby ever!!!


What are you making for dinner tonight and what are your plans for this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. This all looks so YUM! I'm a huge fan of stuffed shells!

    And thank you for the recipe shout-out! It is pretty good, just the way it is. :)

    ReplyDelete